Race : Human
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Demonology
Spec 2 : Affliction

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
I chose Demo as my main spec because I've gotten used to it and its fun, and because it's actually raid viable now (unlike in Wrath where Demo personal dps was a bit low). I'll always have a soft spot for affliction.

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
I was in a friends guild, Organized Khaos, for leveling up to 85. Once Somz, Tift, and Farrah left to raid on Lightbringer, I followed.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
I have no Cataclysm raid experience, but I've been raiding since Vanilla. I led and ran a guild with my wife and some friends back then, taking us through ZG and AQ20 and 25 manning half of MC. (We were cock-blocked due to FR gear.) My vanilla experience was as a warlock. In BC, I raided TK, SSC, Mags, and Kara. I raided as a healing shaman on Alliance side until we made the switch to horde. I raided Karazhan and BT on the horde side on my warlock. During Wrath, I druid tanked alongside Somz in Naxx 10 and 25, Sarth 10 and 25 (including 3d), Ulduar 10 and 25, and I healed on my shaman in 10 and 25 man Icecrown Citadel.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
My role is Ranged DPS. Like most dps, I need to focus on staying alive and hitting hard, which includes staying out of the fire and following raid orders as the raid leader passes them. As a demo warlock, my Demonic Pact buff adds 10% spell power to the raid. In general, I bring Healthstones, Soulstones, Dark Intent (buff to periodic damage or healing on another caster), Curse of the Elements (Increase magic damage by 8%) and CC (Fear, Seduce, Banish, if there's a need for it in Cata raiding).

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
I can switch between both Demo and Affliction play styles. Demo focusing more on Shadowbolt spam, keeping Hand of Guldan up (for pet crit), and keeping an eye on my Metamorphosis and Demon Soul CD's, as the Meta CD is dynamic. Affliction is mainly concerned with keeping all DoTs up and Shadow Bolt spam, using Demon Soul at every CD.

Talents: Both my Demo and Affliction specs are the Cookier Cutter specs, based on Elitist Jerks theorycrafting. They're pretty straight forward and avoid PvP talents.

Glyphs: Prime and Major glyphs for Demo and Affliction are also cookie cutter as they increase personal dps. The only glyph thats different is the Affliction Major glyph, Glyph of Fear. I can switch that one out with Glyph of Shadow Bolt depending on the situation. (Glyphed fear is useful in Heroics)

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I believe that my previous experience raiding, ability to listen to and follow raid leader instructions, and raid preparedness are good traits to have in a raider. In addition, I'm pretty laid back and hate drama. I'm easy like that.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
29 year old former Marine now working as a contractor for the Air Force. I've been playing video games since the Atari 2600, and my first ever MMO was Asheron's Call. Ever since AC, I've been jumping from one MMO to another until I got to WoW (which has its grip on me!). My turn-ons are painless heroics, leveling alts, and Drunk WoW (on occasion). HI REDDIT!

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://i.imgur.com/ctiKg.jpg

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
N/A

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Never
Tift

re: APPROVED - App: _Spellena - by Astuur

Such a Baddie

Win for AC being first MMO. You still playing at all, or been back? They've made some fun changes. Its getting pretty interesting since you know its just like 5 people in the dark back offices of Turbine--- they're doing whatever they want. Like... two handers and new races to name a few.
_Spellena

@Tift - Yeah... I don't even know why I applied. I'll never be able to raid with badasses such as yourself.

@spaceboots - I haven't played AC since, wow.... '01? AC totally ruined my first year of college, lemme tell ya. I was working on a UA char back then... I think I remember farming LOTS of motes for my atlan weap, and starting to farm Olthoi. I can't say I haven't been a bit curious/nostalgic over the years about what's been going on in AC, but when I think about the grind...
spaceboot2

Yeah the grind was annoying. They have been making questing a viable alternative for exp now. Oh and you can play as an olthoi now, running around killing players. Also can play as shadow, Empyrean, and soon Lugian as well.
_Spellena

Say whaaat? Questing? Interesting...
Somz

This guy is Legit.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum