Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Blood
Spec 2 : Unholy

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Blood Tank (33/6/2), and Unholy PVP

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
l Dark Shock l on Draenor (horde)- probably spent a good chunk of time 2 years ago here. I left because the officers were drama-causing stalkers who threatened me should I leave the guild to raid elsewhere. eXtinction Services on Draenor (horde)- I spent a huge amount of time raiding end-game WOTLK content in this guild before the summer... I would say probably about 7 months prior to May? Back in the day I cleared 10/12 H ICC fights back around the 10% buff (I believe)? I had to quit as I went and stayed in Italy for 3 months over the summer, and was booted shortly after because raiding was getting old anyway and I quit for a while (we all know how much the dead horse got beaten at the end of WOTLK. ) I bought Cataclysm in December and have gotten back into WoW. Immigration Police on Illidan (horde)- I didn't spend much time here really. An internet friend of mine played in this guild, which was his IRL friend's guild. Full of tryhards who brag about their PVP prowess (the guild lead was a 2700+, 1st ranked glad at one point in time), but can't manage to down the simplest of Cata bosses. Defiance on Lightbringer (alliance, current)- I've spent about 1 month here, as my real life friends are part of this guild, and while the raiding is OK, and we've downed a few bosses, the raiding is still not as good as I'd like to have, compared to what eXtinction Services was like back in WOTLK.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
For Cata content, I've downed BH (derp. ezmode), Magmaw and Omnitron Defense in BWD, and Halfus in BoT.

We've been working on Maloriak, but apparently people are too retarded to know to switch to adds during the green phase.

As for previous content, in WOTLK I cleared Naxx, Uld, ToC, and ICC back when they were all the endgame raids. In H ToC when I joined eXtinction Services I managed to grab an Insanity achieve as well. In H ICC, I managed to get 10/12 kills (excluding I think Rotface and LK?) and almost had my drake were it not for the trip to Italy over the summer.

I was top DK dps (Unholy) in eXtinction Services, and have since respec'd to Blood tank as I believe this provides a fresh view and experience for me.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
Basically, my role as a DK tank in raids is to, obviously, prevent people from dying as well as not losing threat, but also to make sure I know how to rotate my cooldowns well enough to make it as easy of a job as possible for the healers to keep me up, which I believe I do a good job at. Rather than rely on block for mitigation, which, luckily for them, pallies and warriors have, Death Strike for blood shield is an important buff to be watched and made sure not to overlap on, as it provides an insane amount of mitigation when used correctly.

More importantly, Death Knights are an invaluable resource as, while they take considerably more damage than pally or warrior tanks might (I'm not entirely sure how they compare to druid tanks), they also have more cooldowns at their disposal to keep themselves alive.

All of this being considered, I believe my gear, spec, gemming, and reforging choices all keep this in mind. Hit-cap and near-threat-cap (25) allow me to keep threat up on a boss, while a high level of mastery allows for the damage mitigation I need every few seconds. Avoidance (parry/dodge) are biased in chanting and gemming to make up for the lost stats for hit/exp from reforging.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
I have always thought of myself as a borderline casual/hardcore player. I am a college student, so do not always have the time to go on massive WoW binges throughout the day, but I LOVE raiding and pvp'ing and get epicly ticked off when people don't do their jobs correctly, and also when I don't do mine correctly. When I don't do something correctly, I bite the bullet and fix it. I am always willing to correct my mistakes and keep an open mind to what people have to say.

For my abilities, I have everything- and by everything, I mean EVERYTHING- bound to key bindings. I use CTRL and shift modifiers for important macros such as Lichborne+DC, Raise Dead+Sacrifice, and even ones such as /cancelaura Hand of Protection (bound to Shift+R)

For my talent point explanation, I went the typical 31/6/2+2 talent spec, with an added 2 points in blood. This spec offers a great bias towards survivability and is recommended off elitistjerks.com

The rotation is a priority-based system. Outbreak applies diseases, followed by Death strike, heart strike, heart strike, followed by death strikes around every 5 sec to keep blood shield up, with a RP dump of rune strike in order to build threat. IT and PS are used while outbreak is not available to refresh diseases.

For my glyphs:

Primes:

Death Strike- ideal for a Lichborne/DC heal cooldown. 2 or so DC's is great for quickly topping myself off, with 3rd or more for overhealing.

Rune Strike- a no-brainer. Increases the threat done by rune strike, which is one of our main ways to get threat.

Heart Strike- another threat-increaser.

Majors:

Bone Shield- an optional one that I chose out of utility. It's a 3-hit 20% damage reduction every couple minutes... which isn't bad. What I also like about it is that it doesn't require UH pres to run faster, which means pulling bosses is a little easier.

Pestilence- I'm a little hung on this one. It makes spreading my diseases easier, but I'm considering putting DRW in instead which would help with threat. The only problem is I don't have threat issues though, so not entirely sure if I want to.

Vampiric Blood- another no-brainer glyph. Healers need more help healing me than me needing a bigger health pool.

Minors... my God did DK's get the crap end of the utility spectrum, why do I bother listing?:

Death's Embrace- derp.

Raise Ally- just in case.

Path of Frost: just in case on fights with fall damage.

That's mostly the reasoning I've used for all my glyphs. And of course they're not hard to change for the right thing.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I have quite a bit of raiding experience back from WOTLK when I ran with eXtinction Services, whether it be H ToC, Uld, or H ICC 10/25. Back then I was top Unholy DPS in the guild, and vying for top 1-3 unholy DK dps on the server. By most standards I would believe that I'm qualified enough to join most guilds.

And of course, I don't stand in bad. But that's a given. And only if there aren't cookies/pie/desserts of the like inside. Haha

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
A little bit about myself :P

I am 21 yo music-major college student whose interests are playing the piano and clarinet. In my free time I enjoy playing video games of course, WoW being the main one. I am also a fan of Halo, Call of Duty, and Battlefield.

In real life, I am very quiet and shy, but in-game I tend to be a little bit of a... how should I say it, "moral support". I always am serious during raiding, but never hesitate to keep people's spirits up during hours of repeated wiping, and can often be a bit of a clown outside of raiding.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59234820@N07/5425551509/ is my Death Knight, http://www.flickr.com/photos/59234820@N07/5425551531/ is my Warlock (PVP only)

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
Unavailable, sorry :(

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Tift

re: DECLINED - App: Tanin12390 - by Astuur

Hey there!

First off thanks for your application! I'm Tift, one of the resident DK's here in Misguided. Just wanted to let you know that we will review your application and get back to you with any questions we have shortly!

Thanks Again!

-Tift

Actually, unfortunately I *might* be withdrawing my app as of now, at least for now.

Some things have come up and I may prefer just to remain in my current guild.

May look at reapplying again in the future. Sorry!
Tift

No worries. Thanks for Letting us know. Good Luck in your future endeavors.

-Tift

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum