Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Frost
Spec 2 : Blood

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Frost (dps) and Blood (tank)

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Yes, I was in Freelance and Damage (still in it). I left Freelance because I could not attend most of the raidsbecause they ended up changing the schedule unfortunately. I am in Damage right now, they said they would raid 12hours a week but we raid 3 hours a week.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
Right now I do not believe in "high dps" right now, meaning I do not stare at my DPS meter trying to be top, but I still focus on my rotation and I have spec'd so that I can be more raid friendly, helping with interupts and slows and what not. I have raided in BoT first 2 bosses and have downed Halfus. I have done many attempts on Magmaw but not have successfully downed him. I have watched all the videos for the fights in the Cata raids so far.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
My class/spec is important when it comes to raiding because I can do high dps, do slow movements to adds, and interupt every 10 seconds. I feel that I can play a big roll during boss encounters.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
I like to even out my dps with raid mechanics so that I can useful.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I think I would be a good addition to Misguided because I am here to help people, I can run some people do to their random heroic with my OS tank spec. My OS I believe is also ready for raiding if needed.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
Well I like to be helpful and change specs/glyphs/stats on gear to help out guilds or the raid. I also like progressing more than getting the gear I want.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm36/vitorisin/WoWScrnShot_012011_201434.jpg

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
None.

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Wetsock

re: DECLINED - App: Wetsock - by Astuur

Sorry misread the rotation question.
Here is my rotation: Howling Blast>Plague Strike>Obliterate>Blood strike>Frost Strike>Obliterate>Festering Strike

rinse and repeat

By the way I might go unholy. I have the proper 2hander for it.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tift

Hey Wetsock!

First off, thanks for apping!

I'm Tift one of the resident DK's in Misguided. You're app has me asking a lot of questions, and all I can really get fully from it is that you like to help people, and you seem to like doing utility stuff more than max dps. That being said, if you'll please indulge me with your answers to the following questions to help me better gauge you as a player. Thanks in advance.

Could you elaborate on what is that dps DK's do in a raid setting in cataclysm? What is our primary role? What will you be doing on 90% of fights as your primary goal? Secondary? Tertiary?

Quote:
Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
I like to even out my dps with raid mechanics so that I can useful.

I don't know what this means. It seems to imply that...no, I actually just don't know what you mean. Please elaborate.

You're spec and glyph choices confuse me. Could you explain your choices of the following talents: Chillblains, Mind Freeze, and Virulence over On a Pale Horse, Butchery, and Improved Blood Tap?

And please give me some insight into the following on your glyph selection, not to say they are wrong, just curious is all: Glyph of Deaths Embrace? (do you find your ghoul needs healing?) No Glyph of Pest? Why take Glyph of Strangulate or Hungering Cold?

I can't see your gear because you've logged out in your pvp gear. We'll need to see your PvE gear, so please log out in that next time you're on.

I don't see omen on your UI or any threat monitoring add on there at all, do you use one? If no, Why not?

Also, You've left outbreak out of your priority rotation. Was that a mistake or do you not use it?

Thanks again!

-Tift

Just a note: armory's all kinds of messed up right now, so it won't update him if he logs out in different gear.
Tift

Larinzee wrote:
Just a note: armory's all kinds of messed up right now, so it won't update him if he logs out in different gear.

that is awesome.

-As a Death Knight DPS my job in a raid is to mainly do as much damage possible so the main enemy is dead. For what reason? Mainly so the healers do not run out of mana. The longer the fight, the lower the heals will be (generally). You never want to hit the enrage timer.
-My spec is currently an experimental spec because I noticed after a lot of wipes for Magmaw attempts and Halfus attempts, that the average DK frost spec was great, but I figured I could change my spec around to help make the fight easier so that everyone could survive longer. I spec'd into Chillbrains for Magmaw specifically for the parasite adds. I noticed that the parasites were not dying fast enough and there weren't too many slows on them, so that is why I spec'd into it. Once I did that we had greatly improved on our attempts but sadly did not down him. It may seem like all these talent points would bring down my DPS quite a bit, but I've noticed it hasn't gone down as much as I expected (around 1k lower mainly because I didn't spec into Improved Blood Tap) but its better to live longer than to die all the time right? I did not spec into On a Pale Horse because I have the Engineering Nitro Boost Tinker and I have Darkflight as a Wargen. Sure its a useful talent but I felt that the talent points could have been used somewhere else.
-Glyph of Strangulate is no use to me right now, I honestly am using it for PVP but seeing as I don't do arena anymore so I may as well swap that out. I chose the -Glyph for Hungering Cold because I am usually sticking on to my rotation making sure I'm doing everything right, but then if the adds get to close in the Magmaw fight I can use it with out using any Runic Power and continue on with my rotation. It seems to help out a lot.
-I used the Glyph of Death's Embrace because it was another PVP glyph... I'll be sure to change it as soon as my desktop is done with this repair. Currently on a laptop that does not have WoW.
-Anyways, I have my unit frames set up to show the aggro % on the target so that I don't pull aggro off the tank.
-Yeah sorry I didn't include Outbreak at the beginning of my rotation.

Wetsock

Update: I have respec'd and glyphed. My armory is updated as well.

Astuur
Raid Leader

Unfortunately we don't have room for another DPS DK at this time, best of luck to you in future endeavors.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum