Race : Orc
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Protect
Spec 2 : Arms

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
I can play fury or arms atm i havent done any dps since cata hit. i was ms fury since april but before that i was prot. so i can dps just currently pref tank cuz idk current stat needs for fury hit cap wise ect

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Valorous-(gm like to get walked over didnt take controll, they allowed too much drama which i do not like having part of and was end of expac wanted to try 10mn content rather than 25), Twisted Chaos(people i started a guild with from valorous, just wasnt working out time wise)

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
I started playing WoW In December of 2009, (wrath) My experience is as follows:
I enjoy old content so ive done ALMOST every vanilla /bc raid
Wrath:
Glory of ulduar 10
Glory of ICC 10/25
11/12 hm 10 AND 25 mn (exp on lk heroic just never could get past 20%)

Cata: I have seen many fights and studied them all, i do my research i do not like having my own raiders go in blind so i wont go in blind either. I have downed only Omni in BWD (sadly i know right but my server is very slow...) I have had experience on Magmaw(to 10%), omni, maloriak, To4W conclave(to 3%(sad day), BoT just halfus

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
I'm a protection warrior meaning i am a tank. Warriors bring sundors, demo shout and many other useful abilities. I believe i have a great threat rotation and a great general knowledge of trying to conserve the healers mana , (my opinoin is no the boss may only have a 11min berserk timer BUT your healers mana has one) so i use my cds accordingly to help that.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
I tend to go for threat and midigation in one but usually threat over midigation(my opinion being that , doesnt matter how little damage you take if your dps has aggro and is tankin in their dps gear)
My spec is built once again for threat, i have tweaked it and messed with it alot for midigation/threat/rage conservation. I like it the way it is atm im going for block/parry over mastery/dodge because i believe having my procs = more overall threat/midigation(procs off blocks/parrys). Elitest jerks seems to believe mastery should be over everything,i tried it, magmaw with ever dodge refogred to mastery = oom healer. its supposed to make u take more even damage rather than spieks. but personally i like dodge/parrying over all avoidance bevause not getting hit period = pwn. (yalls site is acting weird so sorry for any mistypes the typing is odd/slow) my glyphs are how they are because of :

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
For one yalls time is amazingly perfect for me. Also i am a skilled and determined raider and just looking for a new home. I like to be the best i can be and raid with the best to do so. Im progression oriented not gear. I just hope to join yal in yalls progression in cataclysm!

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
I think generally i have summed everything up. I spoke to inune in game and explained my WOL situation. basically i dont have any from cata, if you would like wrath ones i have those i think... their old and i was dps though. I just think i would make a great addon and would like to prove my self. i am leaving my server and come to yours atm anyways but horde. wouldnt take much to come alli. If you need anything else just email me, mail me, or hit me up in game im on alot i will be transfering soon though so name/server will be changing (i will be attempting to have the name babygotaggro on horde lightbringer) ill have to see if its avaliable. I know that my progression is skethchy and i understand your concern. But i have even been told by MAN gms and raiders that i see a mechanics once and i pick it up, i see it, i learn it, do mechanics or gtfo right? theres not a 30% buff to carry you anymore. I enjoy this conect andhope i get to help yall in yalls progression soon! Thank you for your time hope to hear from you soon!
im a singlemom/college student my raid times r pretty open besdies for when i have classes (mon-wed)

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://tinypic.com/r/2i9quyf/7

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
Currently dont have any

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Don't Know
Wednesday -> Don't Know
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Astuur
Raid Leader

re: DECLINED - App: Babygotaggro - by Larinzee

I'll have some questions up for you in a couple hours.
Astuur
Raid Leader

my glyphs are how they are because of : (didn't finish your sentence.)

As for "block/parry over mastery/dodge." I don't quite understand that, as block = mastery, can you elaborate a little on it?

I'll go over everything else when I can see you on the armory again.
Astuur
Raid Leader

Completely side note, which race would you go if you were to go alliance?
Babygotaggro

ya i started typing in word pad and copying/pasting into yalls site because yalls site was like behind on my typing . id type a sentence and have to wait for it to show up i logge don and told that guy i talked to that i forgot to ... i apoligize.
MY STAT EXPLINATION:
Ok so lets say your on magmaw and your healers are having mana issues due to w/e reason raid taking more damage than req ect. well the point in cata is to take as little damage as you can to conserve the healers mana. its the big change, they dropped our over all avoidance as tanks for stam for a stupid threat buff which i like of course but still would likea little dodge/parry back. but so lets say im tanking and magmaw comes to hit me witha 90k crit (h pally healer) has to use hl to heal me up hl = mana draining EVNETUALLY althought hpallys rnt exactly having any probs atm but i hear its coming soon enough. so i get hit for 90k i req a big heal right? havnig alot of mastery = more critical block (theres the difference) it reduces the damage you take as a whole meaning instead of taking those 90k crits occasionally mixed in with 20k 30k hits ect. i would consistantly take about30k 40k 50k hits rather than those 90k crits, which is fine sometimes, but eventually n hms ect you will need as much mana for the healers as you can have, thus reforging your dodge to mastery isnt the best thing because what if you dodged that 90k hit? welel then the healer didnt heal u at all. once again saving mana i mean im saying yes get mastery, but if you read prot warrior forums and the calculations are just about even in damage taking between going mastery>parry>dodge or parry>dodge>mastery. their about the same end raiding heroic gear i beelive yes you may be able to do the mastery first but currently when i did what some people were doing the whole reforge all dodge to mastery to even out hits i found my healers going oom and meters showing me taking more damage on the same fights.as a tank you know if your taking alot of damage A. healers mana, B your dead, C you cant go long in a fight with out facerollingall of your cooldowns and having nothing left for mangle. thus thats where my theory comes in is all i meant by it and the whole block thing , yes matery gives you block % and crit block which isnt bad but i still find the best thing to be to miss the whole attack, atleast for the gear levels most of us are at. ive tested my theory many times numbers wise and experience in raids wise and for the time being i prefer parry>dodge kinda mixed with mastery, i dont let my dodge get too low but i dont reforge for mastery. atm only issue i have is hit i try to stay exp capped but lack of hit/exp on gear keeps this hard, so i keep my hit a lil low then use hit food to keep it up during raids. never have aggro issues so it works.

GLYPHS: once again this was just a mess up on my part not pasting this sooner and im sorry once again.
PRIME GLYPHS:
Devastate: threat
Revenge: damage/threat
Shield Slam: threat

Major Glyphs:
I switch between glyph of cleave (number of targets hit) and the glyph of shockwave. i find glyph of shockwave comes out on top for the interupt/stun on trash ect because on bosses of course your not cleaving st mobs, its a toss up really i just constantly change them for what i believe is needed.
then the other 2 i use are glyph of long charge
and glyph of thunder clap (radius) < only aoe we have so why not make the aoe bigger? its basically a must glyph imo for aoe tanking.

MINOR GLYPHS:
glyph of demo shout(keep demo up at all times so must have glyph)
glyph of sundor : reduces rage cost ... i <3 my little bit of rage i can save
switch between commanding/bshout depending on which shout is needed for best raid buff comp.

ALSO im on yalls server but horde
miztanknspnk

HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS TY
Babygotaggro

just noticed your question about race.

well i have been alliance 1 time before on my old server and i was draniel
i liked the hit chance buff but tbo i have no clue how much it was nerfed in cata i heard it was,
im a fan of human for the expertise buff but if you can get those stats without that racial over all its useless

i would probably go worgen for the speed buff and resistance(considering im a tank) i will have to read into how much the hit/expertise buffs were changed in cata but atm id say worgen until i can find the info on those changes. 1% hit or 1 % expertise is alot i must admit exp with lack of it on gear. in the end i will do which ever helps me in game wise (dont worry im not the kinda person to go a race just cuz it looks cooler Happy )

this post was put up after i started replying to your first one thats why it was written second. Happy thanks again!
Astuur
Raid Leader

Babygotaggro wrote:
just noticed your question about race.

well i have been alliance 1 time before on my old server and i was draniel
i liked the hit chance buff but tbo i have no clue how much it was nerfed in cata i heard it was,
im a fan of human for the expertise buff but if you can get those stats without that racial over all its useless

i would probably go worgen for the speed buff and resistance(considering im a tank) i will have to read into how much the hit/expertise buffs were changed in cata but atm id say worgen until i can find the info on those changes. 1% hit or 1 % expertise is alot i must admit exp with lack of it on gear. in the end i will do which ever helps me in game wise (dont worry im not the kinda person to go a race just cuz it looks cooler Happy )

this post was put up after i started replying to your first one thats why it was written second. Happy thanks again!

Dwarf is the new tank class coming up in the next patch. (Stoneform ftw)
Babygotaggro

well im short irl guess i can be in game too ha well like i said before ill do whichever is best for my needed class/spec
Astuur
Raid Leader

As for your stat argument, Dodge trumps all, yes, however parry is better until 15% parry for protection warriors due to the talent Hold the Line.

The other note is that hit/expertise are not needed for protection warriors at the moment, due to threat issues being non-existent, except in the first 20 seconds. You would normally want to take your hit/expertise --> Mastery.

Normally for going into the raids right now, you'd want to have around 10% dodge, 15% parry, and as much block as you can possibly manage. As for why this is, yes, you can completely mitigate all damage with dodge and parry, however, the mastery, is almost like a 30% damage reduction from bosses thats up all the time. It's almost like an infinite shield wall. This is where the Shield Block talent comes into play, you basically use it every 30 seconds, lasts for 10 seconds, and increases your critical block by whatever block goes over 100%. So if you have 80% block, and you use shield block, you get in addition to the 25% block and critical block, you gain an additional 5% to critical block for going over the block cap. It's absolutely the best tank mastery in the game right now.
Astuur
Raid Leader

As for your shoulder enchants, are you planning on doing Deepholm at some point for Therazane reputation?

I also noticed your cloak isn't enchanted. and can you explain why you chose the glove and boots enchant you chose?

Your talents, can you explain why you chose to put one talent point into blood and thunder?

And can you explain why you chose gag order over impending victory?

Your glyphs, what made you choose long word over the other glyphs that you could potentially use?

As for Glyph of Furious Sundering, it doesn't actually reduce the rage cost of devastate.
Babygotaggro

well like i said it was the healer who gave me the most indication on my damage taken, ill check into it more, i do agree with you because i tried it for a reason, i thought the same way but i kept dying and using cds when i shouldnt because needed them for mangle and would die, could have been a healer problem , and my hits reallly low as it is idt i can drop it anymore i nvr do have aggro issues and im told im farely easy to heal as i am now. ill drop a lil expertise but if accepted with yall i will be losing my racial (axe) so i will drop expertise just from that alone. i believe in block over most obviously because of my meta/shield ench vs the spike ect. but as stated before it appeared to make me take more damage when i switched things around had about 10% dodge 18 mastery , 13 parry at the time of me trying it. of course now im just shy of 15% parry (using dps pants atm cuz they dropped in bh and out did my tank blues due to the hit/mastery on them . im open for any suggestions on anything just let me know. i do not like guild hopping so i do not want to hop in a guild over here if needed on alli.

and, shoulder enchants, yes i have intentions to get the shoulder enchants i know their a must just like the sons of hodir in wrath i didnt quest much there while leveling so i basically have to start at the beginning but im working on it.

blood and thunder : very usefull yes... but i have found that tbo with that 1 point MAJORITY as in like 99% of the time on aoe mobs it applies it. so i used the point else where i had 2/2 until a few days ago when i found that my st threat and aoe threat was upped by my current spec. ur not always st tanking ora oe tanking no but very seldom besides on trash is b/t used to its max capability vs putting it in the arms tree is more benificial.

gag order for me was a personal choice that i have stuck with for awhile just cuz of heroics ect victory (ive read the forums on) they heal for ALOT i know ive though of picking it up because i absolutely love victory rush on fights with adds. once again was just a choice i made for the current things i was doing can/will change it when i begin raiding.

sundoring glyph = i know it doesnt its 2 diff abilities , i still chose that glyph because what else glyph really is more useful there cuz i hit my vr asoon as procd so dont need extra 5 seconds, also berk rage is nice for the extra rage but not nec, i still just found it most usefull for me.

long word i assume u meant long charge?
well if your on a fight that involves adds ect u do charge to pick up adds ect charge acts as an interupt in some cases. it benifits me the most in the situations i have ever been in.

check back soon! thanks.
Astuur
Raid Leader

Babygotaggro wrote:
sundoring glyph = i know it doesnt its 2 diff abilities , i still chose that glyph because what else glyph really is more useful there cuz i hit my vr asoon as procd so dont need extra 5 seconds, also berk rage is nice for the extra rage but not nec, i still just found it most usefull for me.

If Sundering Glyph doesn't do anything, why not do berserker? You were talking about how you were using it for the extra rage, but it doesn't save rage, so why not do berserker, and get that extra rage when you pop it for Enraged Regeneration?

Babygotaggro wrote:
long word i assume u meant long charge?
well if your on a fight that involves adds ect u do charge to pick up adds ect charge acts as an interupt in some cases. it benifits me the most in the situations i have ever been in.

Yes, I meant long charge, I probably said long word cause thats the glyph I was using on my paladin before I switched it, sorry. I can see why you would definitely use it for that reason. If you were to switch to a impending victory spec, then the glyph of victory rush is definitely worth picking up. I use impending victory on my protection warrior for fights now, and when we were doing Cho'gall, I could definitely tell the difference in my health when I was using it. I believe it was healing me for 20k, which is quite a bit during the last bit of a fight when you have enough threat to spam devastate and victory rush for the rest of the fight. It's a really nice thing to have for fights like Omnitron, Halfus, Ascendant Council, Cho'gall, and a couple others.

Babygotaggro wrote:
well like i said it was the healer who gave me the most indication on my damage taken, ill check into it more, i do agree with you because i tried it for a reason, i thought the same way but i kept dying and using cds when i shouldnt because needed them for mangle and would die, could have been a healer problem , and my hits reallly low as it is idt i can drop it anymore i nvr do have aggro issues and im told im farely easy to heal as i am now..

No offense to them, but it could be true, I'm fairly easy to heal in the raids.

Babygotaggro wrote:
ill drop a lil expertise but if accepted with yall i will be losing my racial (axe) so i will drop expertise just from that alone. i believe in block over most obviously because of my meta/shield ench vs the spike ect. but as stated before it appeared to make me take more damage when i switched things around had about 10% dodge 18 mastery , 13 parry at the time of me trying it. of course now im just shy of 15% parry (using dps pants atm cuz they dropped in bh and out did my tank blues due to the hit/mastery on them . im open for any suggestions on anything just let me know. i do not like guild hopping so i do not want to hop in a guild over here if needed on alli.

My hit rating on my warrior is only 2% and I have 13 expertise. Threats not really an issue except the first 20 or so seconds. Then my TPS skyrockets and sits around 30k, unless its a tank swap fight. And I can imagine the DPS pants being better, especially if what you had on before was a green.

As a side-note, I never reforge dodge into mastery. That's like trading your car for a horse. (don't ask where that metaphor comes from, I made it up.) Your dodge will go further then that mastery, however, I do hit/expertise --> mastery, as threat is a non-issue.

Can you also tell me why you chose the gems that you chose?
Babygotaggro

well i use sundoring because for that first 20 seconds of aggro at start its nice to not rage dump using sundor ( i use sundor at the beginning to get initial aggro, and i use the berserk glyph in fury so i know when/how to use it with enrage regen cuz i still use it tof rthat even without the glyph of course) it is just a personal preference glyph is all, you mentioned you were tanking chogall well i havent tanked him yet Happy meaning i have yet to come into need of changing glyphs, i always change my spec/glyphs to the current content im progressing on, as of yet have not found any problems , once i get into the raids more i can/will change where nec. and the hit/expertise comment , i just noticed my dps dropping with low hit/expertise and i enjoy doing 8-10k tanking is all it drops to about 4k without it. ill try dropping some today and go pug some raids and see what happens threat wise (as i stated before im always open for suggestions so ill give it a shot)

the only reason i reforged my dodge > mastery was because it was what i was trying from elitestsjerks.com , was just trying out their numbers, which failed imo dropping my stats as low as that did it hurt me badly midigation wise.

GEMMING REASONING:
Meta gem : i pref the shield block over the armor gem because of the fact that not every fight is PHYSICAL damage, ive even been researching on the spell damage gem, a few of my tank friends that are tanking the heroic content (raids heroic not dungeons) are using the spell reduction, but atm i still pref the sb one over all till il see some convencing argument over anything different.

pants : well ofcourse i used 3 jc stam gems, gemmed straight dodge because well their dps pants i wanted a little avoidance on them, im not going for stam so im just tryin to hang out atleast /around 146k hp after that im ok with just gemming for avoidance/stam. i have been gemming hit due to reasons ive mentin in other posts, just dps/threat i guess ive never tried dropping to 2% , because i mean as a mdps of any sort that sounds so low that you can hold aggro, so i am online right now changing those Happy so that will be fixed

reds i gem parry/stam, yellow (changing dodge/stam to mastery /stam)
Babygotaggro

well just now i thought about going to finishing my quests in deepholm to get to therazain , iwas almost done... COME to find out that when u server transfer it resets everything. so i have to start all over.... going to try to ticket but if that doesnt work, this afternoon i will begin questing allll over again for my enchant. should only take ma a day or so (but today im going to try to get some raiding in see how pugs go on this server)
Astuur
Raid Leader

Babygotaggro wrote:
well i use sundoring because for that first 20 seconds of aggro at start its nice to not rage dump using sundor ( i use sundor at the beginning to get initial aggro

You use the actual sunder armor at the start of the fight?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum