Class : Shaman
Spec 1 : Elemental
Spec 2 : Resto

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Elemental main spec, resto offspec.

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Red Sun on Barthilas - I left as i was no longer able to raid their times(australian times) So i xferred back to be able to play more closely with friends.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
So far i have downed: Halfus, Atramedes and Omnitron.
I also have experience wiping on Magmaw, Valiona & Theralion, Ascendant Council and Chimaeron.
(All on 25man)

Wotlk raiding experience was 11/12 HMs in ICC on both 10 and 25 modes with multiple characters, and full hard modes clears of 10m Ulduar/ToC while they were the relevant raids.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
While buffs became even more homogenized in Cataclysm, Shaman can still fill an important raid buffing role with an array of totem buffs + hero etc, particularly in 10man raids.

In addition, as elemental, the core of the spec is to be a DPSing caster, which also bring many useful utility spells to the raid(eg Wind Shear/Hex/Purge) all of which i personally macro(focus/stopcasting etc) and bind comfortably so that i can use them in any situation reliably.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
The elemental rotation got a bit of spice added in cata which has made it into a priority style rotation:

Flame Shock(to keep the dot up always) > Earth Shock(when at 9 stacks > Lava Burst > Lightning Bolt.

Its basically lightning bolt spam, using Earth SHock once your shield stacks are high, and using lava burst whenever Surge procs or the cooldown ends, with the occasional flame shock to keep the dot rolling.

Talent wise my build is very standard, there is a small amount of choice in the elemental build though, as to which utility style talents you want to pick up.

In this case i opted for:

Convection(spell cost reduction) as mana can be very thin, particularly on fights involving shooting more than one target(Chain lightning/AoE fights)

-Reverberation(Shock/Shear CD reduction) This talent can on some occasions increase dps a little, for those times that high lightning shield stacks/flame dot ends line up and you have to use Flame or Earth shock, this will allow you to use the other faster. In addition, 1 second off an already low cooldown interupt, whats not to like?

Glyph Choices are Standard:
Lightning Bolt and Lava are two standard through and through highest dps increasing Prime glyphs.
The third Prime slot goes to Flame Shock, due to no longer having infinite DoT duration from the Teir10 bonus, it becomes an absolute required glyph.

Major Glyphs:
The only 'required' major is Lightning shield, which can prevent a slight dps loss.
The other two I normally have set are healing stream totem and thunderstorm. Though, i always have a stack of dust so i can switch any glyphs at any time to whatever the situation calls for.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
10 man content has always been much more fun for me, being able to form a much closer, social raid that you can really feel like a contributing member of, blows away the times i've had in 25 man content.

Misguided has very nice(and low) raiding hours, but you guys get things done in the hours you are raiding. I feel this is a very good fit for me and my raiding goals.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
I am 20, I live in Australia(but your raid times fit perfectly) and i like to be a fit and active person(when not WoWing of course!). I bowl and play tennis casually as hobbies and am a student in Accounting.

Just wanted to give a little more detail in regards to what a selected on the 'You Availability' chart

-The 'I Don't Knows' are more like 'will probably be on doing random stuff most days anyway but cant confirm that'

-Thursday being set to 3x a month is probably closer to 3x every second month(other months will be full attendance). But would always be able to give advance notice if i were to miss any raid.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://img27.imageshack.us/f/wowscrnshot011411170852.jpg/

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
I currently have no parses to show =/

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Don't Know
Astuur
Raid Leader

re: APPROVED - App: Devillist - by Larinzee

Can you elaborate a little more on your availability?
Devillist

Can you elaborate a little more on your availability?
I put the following in as close to the bottom a i could as there wasn't any specific place for it:

Just wanted to give a little more detail in regards to what a selected on the 'You Availability' chart

-The 'I Don't Knows' are more like 'will probably be on doing random stuff most days anyway but cant confirm that'

-Thursday being set to 3x a month is probably closer to 3x every second month(other months will be full attendance). But would always be able to give advance notice if i were to miss any raid.

To be a little more specific though: I can always make the Tuesday and Wednesday raids no problem. The thursday raids i can nearly always make, just every 2nd month i may have to miss one of these, but you will get plenty of notice if this will be the case.

The rest of the days i will just be off and on to do heroics and dailies and what not, unless there are some extra runs or plans for off days, in which case its a good chance i could make most of those too.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Astuur
Raid Leader

I'll have some more questions for you in the next couple hours.
Astuur
Raid Leader

I noticed your glyph choices, the primes are all correct, however I'm curious why you chose the lightning shield major over the elemental mastery major.

I also would like to know how you would go about doing a fight like magmaw, wheres theres a lot of movement and AoE.
Devillist

I noticed your glyph choices, the primes are all correct, however I'm curious why you chose the lightning shield major over the elemental mastery major.

I also would like to know how you would go about doing a fight like magmaw, wheres theres a lot of movement and AoE.
For the glyph, there were many fights in wotlk where just random boss spells, or even boss pulls could cause you to lose shield charges, resulting in slight dps loss. Also if a boss spell were to line up right after an earth shock that would create that dps loss too. Basically i chose it as a safeguard to prevent those situations from arising.

As to why its i preferred it to elemental mastery, that glyph just feels kind of random and unreliable. Elemental Mastery is on cooldown the whole fight and trying to line it up as a real damage reduction cooldown can result in a hefty dps loss. That said, i have the glyph learned and always have dust to swap, should a fight have a mechanic that would really benefit saving elemental mastery to use defensively come along, the option is always there.

For Magmaw, i would drop Earthbind and Magma on the Pillar/parasite spawn spots as soon as i start to move. Spiritwalker's Grace could be used while running from the pillar or while moving from the head pound area, i would have to get some more testing to see which feels like more of a gain. When i did this fight, using earthquake took a big toll on my mana, so i would have to give it a go in 10 man to see if i could handle using earthquakes or just using a more single target rotation using chain lightning/fire nova's on cooldown for parasites.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Astuur
Raid Leader

Hey, we'd like to push your application along a little more, are you able to be on vent at 5 server on Tuesday?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum