Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Discipline
Spec 2 : Discipline

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Main Spec - Discipline / Secondary Spec - Discipline for PVP

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
1) Insurrection (Shandris) - I left because leadership had no interest beyond 10 man raiding, which was Karazhan and ZA at the time; 2) Exalted (Shandris) - Left due to what amounted to a misunderstanding with some leadership in the guild. 3) Convicted (Shandris) - Left the guild when it shutdown due to recruitment issues; 4) Fallout (Thunderhorn) - Left shortly after Cataclysm came out because the guild collapsed when the Assistant GM left and took 80%+ of the raiding population with her.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Wrath raiding, but add pre-Wrath experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
My raiding experience was primarily had on my old main character "Persecutor" that is currently still on the Thunderhorn server. I raided with Convicted on Shandris until about halfway through Ulduar and then transferred off the server and spent the rest of the time with Fallout. During my time with Fallout I participated in raids up to the Lich King. Fallout went on do down Lich King during a time when I could not play the game due to some real life obligations.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
Discipline is primarily a tank healer with some bubble support occasionally when it is needed for raid members.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
Despite the fact that many people on healer forums are bashing the changes I think the new discipline concept is kind of fun.

Rotation / Talent Points

Typically what I'm looking at right now in terms of rotation is a Pre-Pull PW:Shield & Prayer of mending on the tank. Followed by a series of 5 or 6 smites and then a rotation between 3 smites and a Penance on the tank while keeping PoM and PW:Shield up on the tank. I've currently got points in Strength of Soul but I'm reevaluating that due to the fact that I've found that Heal is just so slow right now in heroics if the tank gets in a bind. This may change as my gear gets more haste but as of right now Flash Heal (mana drain that it is) is just easier to use to get the tank out of bind. I use Archangel situationally depending on how long the fight is going to be and what mana is looking like.

Glyphs

I think most of my glyphs are pretty self explanatory except Glyph of Prayer of Healing. That guy is in there solely because I've been running dungeons more than raids and been responsible for party heals as well. In a raid scenario primarily responsible for the tank I would be using Glyph of PW: Barrier.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I'm a pretty reliable person in terms of showing up when and where I'm supposed to be. I've been in the shoes of guild master, raid leader, grunt, and probably some ranks below that, so I tend to get the big picture. I really hate being unprepared for anything particularly something where other people are depending on me and 10 (or 25) other people to help make their experience enjoyable.

And finally, tell us a little about yourself, so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
I'm a 33 year old attorney from north Texas. Married for 6 years with one child. My favorite thing in the world to do is travel, so if i get a chance to go on a trip overseas, I'm very sorry I'd have to ditch you guys for ever how long it took. :)

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15852545/Interface.jpeg

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Don't Know
Saturday -> Always
Linayu
Sexretary

re: APPROVED - App: Tortious1 - by Baihu

Hi Tortious!

I have a couple priestly questions for ya:

1) Have you done any raid healing (meaning in a raid situation) in Cata yet? Disc is a mana hog and I was wondering how you're doing on boss fights.

2) Have you played Holy, or do you have any interest in playing Holy? I gave up my disc priest for this expansion, I know it hurts =(

3) Do you use any healing mods? I don't see any in your screenshot, but they might be hidden so I thought I'd ask! What about a dispelling mod?

Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon.
Torxious

1) The only raid I've healed thus far is Baradin's Hold. I was there healing the tank and occasionally throwing out PoH in conjunction with inner focus only. Mana didn't seem to be a huge issue on that particular fight. I've had alot of mana issues in heroics, particularly when people don't use crowd control on heavy hitting mobs. The boss fights are more sane. I'm actually about to do BH again and I'll actually pay more attention this time and provide a little more detail on how i manage in terms of mana conservation.

2) I have not played holy and I'd really rather not if I could avoid it. I've had alot of fun playing disc so I'd like to stay with that if at all possible. I won't say never but if i was to do that I'd probably need some sever hand holding to get it figured out.

3) I use Clique and Grid as my healing mods.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Torxious

Just finished up BH. Mana looked okay for the most part. I didn't run out but it was getting precarious near the end.

Also I didn't answer about the dispel mods. I used Clique and grid for that as well.

Linayu
Sexretary

Hi again Tort,

We'd like to set up a vent interview, hopefully sometime before Tuesday evening. Are you available around 6 PST tomorrow or Monday? Let us know here and we'll PM you the vent info, or give it to you in-game.

Thanks and looking forward to talking to you!
Torxious

Probably either of those times would be fine, or tonight actually anytime after 6PM server would be good.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum