Class : Hunter
Spec 1 : Survival
Spec 2 : Marks

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Survival and Marksman

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Affliction, I left affliction because I didnt like where the guild was going. No one would help anyone, no one would want to run heroics to gear up or anything and i dont want my main sitting around doing nothing

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Wrath raiding, but add pre-Wrath experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
TOC 10/25 5/5, ICC 10/25 normal 12/12 icc 10 hm 8/12 ICC 25 hm 7/12, RS 10/25 normal.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
I can play mm or survival whatever the guild needs. Hunters are a valuable asset to raid in many ways. As a hunter I can cc, remove enrage effects, provide missdirection, and of course pump out some good dps numbers.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
I prefer Survival, rotation starts out with serpent sting, black arrow, explosive shot, steady shot till explosive is back up then cobra shot 2 times unless explosive shot procs. If explosive shot procs i will hit explosive shot once then go to steady shot then back to explosive, steady, and explosive for a final time. I see alot of hunters use the kill shot glyph i advise against this because your only using that glyph at the end of a fight explosive shot steady shot and serpent sting is something that benefits me all times durring a fight so i decided to go with those prime glyphs. I use a macro i made that combines a few instant cast abilities that have no global cooldown to minize down time. I use a misdirection macro as well for the same purpose.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
We share the same common goals I want to complete all the end game content while getting along with everyone and making some good friends along the way. I learn strats fast, I am self sufficient I show up to raid with food/flask, enchanted and gemmed.

And finally, tell us a little about yourself, so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
I am a former Marine. I have a 3 year old daughter. Even though I spend alot of time playing this game I do enjoy the outdoors as well. IF theres anything specific you would like to know ask me.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://s1217.photobucket.com/home/jchbama26/index

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always

re: DECLINED - App: crimsonmarine - by Astuur

Hi Crimson,

First off, Happy Holidays!

Thank you for the application. Given the holidays and such it will probably be a few days before the officers can meet and discuss your application. We will get back to you ASAP.

Best,

Nyc
Inune
Officer

The officers may be on break, but Hunter talk is, in my opinion, one of the best Christmas gifts around! And I'm always down to talk hunters, so lets do this.

Could you explain your survival rotation and why you use it a bit more? I'm troubled with the fact that you mentioned steady shot in the SV rotation at all. I was under the impression that right now, and I rushed over to EJ to confirm this lest I be giving out bad information, Steady Shot exists as a Marksmanship shot only; both BM and SV rely on Cobra shot since it does effectively the same thing as Steady in addition to extending your serpent sting AND ignoring armor since it's nature damage. This is especially compounded for SV because of our Mastery bonus.

I'm also a little puzzled by your reforging. At least the way it shows up on the armory (and this could just be because the armory is terrible at updating), you're over the hitcap, yet you've actually reforged into hit on your chest, bracers, weapon, and gloves, in addition to gemming hit. Could you explain your gearing strategy in this regard (or else confirm that the armory sucks at updating)?

There are a couple things about your spec and glyphs, too, but since you're using steady shot, I think I can see how those choices logically play out. I will ask though, do you visit any sites or forums regarding hunters and huntery things?

And last but not least, you didn't mention pets at all and from the armory (again with the armory sucking possibility, of course) I see only a Wolf with regards to raiding pets. I personally consider pet choice to be one of the most marked signs of hunter quality in cataclysm, since it indicates not only how much a hunter knows about themselves, but also how well they're in tune with their groups. Do you have a larger pet stable than the armory is showing? If not, do you have plans on making sure you have all the important hunter pets level capped and ready should you need to pull them out?

I apologize if I've come off as overly nit-picky, but I'm definitely a big hunter nerd and you deviate significantly from what is presently considered to be the optimal hunter set up, so I'm just trying to get a feel for how you approach huntering (totally a word).

Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a merry Christmas!

edit: I am retarded; hitcap is 8%, not 9%. post changed appropriately.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
-Aristotle
Phinagan

re: Can I..

be a hunter?
spaceboot2

re: Re: Can I..

Phinagan wrote:
be a hunter?

deleted
Astuur
Raid Leader

Declined due to lack of response, good luck to you in future endeavors.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum