Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Main - Holy; Offspec - Ret

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Current guild - Organized Khaos. A guild formed by one of my RL friends just to create a space for a few friends to level, run heroics, and just enjoy casual game play. I have low level alts that will remain casual in the guild, however I am looking for more serious game play with a primary focus on raiding. Pre-Cata I was in Kitten Soup (Horde Guild) and took an extended break due to a drastic change in guild leadership and focus.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
I have yet to experience any Cata raiding, however I rolled a holy paladin during BC and cleared all 25 man content (excluding Sunwell), and in WotLK I cleared most 10 man reg/heroic, and 25 man reg/heroic content.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
Primarily a MT healer, my role was pretty simple. Keep the tank alive or else . Holy Paladins are a little more versatile in Cata, still appear to be primarily used for MT healing, however new abilities allow a bit more room for raid healing, while still being able to maintain focus on the tank.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
Holy Paladins were pretty straight forward pre Cata..we could pretty much spam big fast heals on the tank, even throw out a few heals to the dps to help out raid healers, however with the major changes to mp5/spirit, mana conservation appears to be the big issue in Cata. As I've only healed Cata heroics, I Beacon tanks and can spam Holy Light on them (switching to Divine Light when needed), use Holy Shock ever 6 seconds to produce Holy Power and then Light of Dawn or Word of Glory as appropriate. I use Flash of Light on the rare occasion that a Holy Shock won't do or is on cooldown, and I need to cast some quick heals to prevent death. If the entire group is taking damage I'll usually Divine Favor (for the haste boost)+Holy Radiance to get the group up to a managable level where HL/HS/LoD or WoG (the virtually free heals) can top everyone off. During time where the tank will be taking huge hits, Guardian comes in handy as it doubles every heal cast and can get the tank up pretty quickly. I've mostly chosen glyphs that reduce mana cost and increases healing done -

Glyph of Word of Glory - 10% increase in WoG heals
Glyph of Holy Shock - 5% crit increase on Holy Shock casts which grants Conviction, causing all healing to be increased by 3%
Glyph of Seal of Insight - 5% increase to healing spells when up.
Glyph of Divinity - 10% of mana gained when Lay on Hands is used.
Glyph of Divine Plea - Gives an extra 5% of mana back when cast

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I believe I would be a good fit because I'm reliable, I work hard, I come prepared, and I set very high expectations for myself. Two of my small group of WoW friends are currently members of Misguided (Tift and Somz) and have had nothing but great things to say about the guild. They are exceptional players (and people) and I trust that if they feel at home with Misguided, that I too can bring that same level of playstyle and attitude and hopefully help the guid progress.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
First and most importantly, I <3 all things Hello Kitty! I am a Houstonian currently living in San Antonio. Been married for 5 years, no kids yet but trying, didn't even know what an MMO was before I met my husband (who now hates that he ever introduced them to me since I can't cook or clean until my dailies are done...and I finish running heroics with my guildies..oh and farm herbs...and...). I'm very competitive and open to feedback because I'm always looking for learning opportunities and new ways to improve play style.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://i.imgur.com/vzb5q.jpg

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
n/a

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 2x a Month
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> 2x a Month
Somz

re: APPROVED - App: Arrahlyn - by Astuur

She is an awesome healer and a cool person who healed me all the way through WOTLK.
Baihu

Hi and thank you for your application,

A few questions for you:
1- Can you ellaborate on what your keybindings are and what addon or mouseover macros you use in conjunction with Grid?

2- Your Grid looks pretty default, what do you have set to Grid indicators to display during raids and heroics?

3- What was your reason for speccing into 2/2 Enlightened Judgements over say 1/2 Improved Judgements?

4- Armory is showing some pieces are reforged for haste while others are not; what are your stat priorities at this time?

5- Armory is showing your Earthen Ring & Ramakahen reputations at Exalted but you aren't using the reputation epics from those reps?

6- And finally, what made you decide on the Glyph of Holy Shock over Divine Favor?

Thank you again and I look forward to your response! =)

How do you feel about the following?

- Broccoli
- People being "pathetic"
- Side Projects
- Wiping when you and the entire raid are already ghosts
- Syrup Sandwiches
- Not Like this...
- The hello Kitty MMO
- Being....In the mountains...
- Snatching my people up
- Hiding your husband
-Raping errbody out here
- Left 4 dead
- Saying things in O-chat to screw up a certain Raid Leader while he's trying to explain the fights.
and finally,

This video -

1- Can you ellaborate on what your keybindings are and what addon or mouseover macros you use in conjunction with Grid?

-I don't really use keybindings since I use Grid and Clique. For those 3 to 4 spells that are secondary that I cannot access via Clique - they are all positioned on my hotbar as keys 1, 2, 3, and 4, which I can access easily. The only keybinding I created was for Lay on Hands, which is bound to my E key.

2- Your Grid looks pretty default, what do you have set to Grid indicators to display during raids and heroics?

-It is a pretty basic config. I have debuffs in the bottom corner frames, aggro alert in the top left frame. Health indicator is vertical, (for some reason it is easier for me to see that way), also health deficit/incoming heal amount is displayed in the center text. Boxes set to gray out of target is out of range.

(Doing this from memory since I'm at work, so it may or may not be all the settings I've customized. I can update this response this evening when I return from work.)

3- What was your reason for speccing into 2/2 Enlightened Judgements over say 1/2 Improved Judgements?

(Again, doing this from memory will update when I return from work) I believed I was specced 1/2 Imp Judgement, if I'm not, that was an oversight that will be corrected. I didn't notice the lack of range in Judgement since I try to stay a little closer to melee than I would pre-Cata in order to get maximum effectiveness on the LoD and Holy Radiance spells.

4- Armory is showing some pieces are reforged for haste while others are not; what are your stat priorities at this time?

Int first and foremost. I've read on EJ forums that Mastery is uneffected by 50% of our healing anyway, so I've been playing around haste since it's quoted as being the best stat for output.

5- Armory is showing your Earthen Ring & Ramakahen reputations at Exalted but you aren't using the reputation epics from those reps?

True. I honestly had no immediate need for the epic pieces. I was healing heroics comfortably, only really logging in at this time to do dailies to increase reps and run a couple of random heroics to get raid ready. The guild I was in is very casual, not more than 6 or 7 active players, with no current intentions of running raids in the near future. My plan was to be fully raid ready before apping, however I was very eager to move forward, so some of the upgrades I have available to me weren't yet purchased.

6- And finally, what made you decide on the Glyph of Holy Shock over Divine Favor?

I have both available to me, and have been playing around with Glyph of Holy Shock recently to determine which one worked best with my play style. While the Glyph of Divine Favor does increase that spells duration which is more haste/crit at the time it's up, I'm casting Holy Shock way more often (6 sec cooldown) and wanted to test the differences in keeping up conviction for the addtl healing throughout the fight, vs increasing haste/crit/healing output only during times of divine favor. I'm still getting the increased haste/crit/healing with Divine Favor unglyphed, just for a shorter period. Again, as I've only healed heroics, this may be something that will change when/if I begin raiding.

Hope this answered your questions Baihu. Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Arrahlyn

To answer Tift's questions:

Broccoli
- Get some

People being "pathetic"
- Makes me laugh from the memory of Somz's disappointment of people in Ulduar.

- Side Projects
Mark's excuse for not putting out as much damage as Tab .

- Wiping when you and the entire raid are already ghosts
"Ok guys we're ghosts, let's wipe it."

- Syrup Sandwiches
The breakfast of champions! (when you can't afford pancake mix)

- Not Like this...
"...not like this!"

- The hello Kitty MMO
It's Kittyriffic!

- Being....In the mountains...
Damn gauntlet!

- Snatching my people up
Hide yo kids...hide you wife!

- Hiding your husband
-Raping errbody out here
You are so dumb...you are really dumb...forreal

- Left 4 dead
"I thought you would have gone back the way you came." Thanks a lot for that SOMZ!

- Saying things in O-chat to screw up a certain Raid Leader while he's trying to explain the fights.
All I could do was LOL here because I can hear your voice stumble (and Flank's when we did it to him) while you read the crazy shit we'd type.

and finally,

BEST CRY EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baihu

1- If you have important spells like Divine Shield, BoP, Salv, Sac, Freedom and preferably cooldowns such as Guardian/AR/DF & Plea bound to something or other then that sounds good!

3- "... since I try to stay a little closer to melee..."
Unfortunately this isn't usually possible in raids so the extra range is certainly felt. I've been getting by with 1/2 in both Enlightened & Imp Judgments, so I don't think you'd have to worry about finding 2 talent points for Imp Judgments. =)

6- "...Again, as I've only healed heroics, this may be something that will change when/if I begin raiding."

In raids I think you will find the extra length on the CD very nice for when tanks are taking a lot of sustained damage, as it will allow you to cast holy lights a lot more in those situations, giving you more mana for the duration of the fight. Conviction has had a pretty good uptime with the non-stop casting in raids, but this is more an issue of preference than anything!

"Hope this answered your questions Baihu. Happy"

Yep! Astuur will be going on vacation soon so I don't know quite when you can get an interview, but hopefully soon!

Thanks Baihu!

1 - I've macroed some things like Guardian+Avenging Wrath, Holy Radiance+Avenging Wrath+DF (which are on my 3 and 4 keys I believe) but I'll certainly make the changes and add some keybindings for those individual spells, as well as the other's mentioned. Divine Plea is currently part of my Clique config (Shift + Middle click I believe).

3. Thanks for the tip. I'll certainly have that fixed asap.

6. Awesome! Thanks again for that tip.

I'll be spending time making the changes to keybindings, getting the available epic pieces, and trying out some some pug raids (if possible) in order to iron out the differences in heriocs vs raids in cata.

I appreciate you guys' time and consideration and hope to here from you soon! Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum