Race : Human
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Destruction
Spec 2 : Demonology

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
I chose destruction because it has yielded the best results from a DPS standpoint. My off-spec was done haphazardly as a goof-off spec, and can change as the guild's needs change.

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Levity (Jan-May '06) - My work schedule made me unable to make raid times; Night Breeds (May-Oct. '06) - A calamatous rift between officers doomed the guild; Forged in Fire/Insomnia (Oct. '06 - Nov. '07, Mar.-Sept. '08) - Raiding at odd hours, a lack of steady recruits eventually eroded the guild's ability to progress; Offtime (Nov. '07-Mar. '08) Unable to find a late-night raid, I tried early mornings. It didn't work. I was eventually removed after falling below the attendance minimum; Dispel Stupid (Mar. '10-Jan. '11) - I joined their guild knowing progress wasn't their priority just looking for a place to raid. As much fun as it was, I left seeking a more serious raiding environment.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
This character is my the first I leveled in any MMO game. I leveled her in a raiding guild and was in Molten Core banishing Garr's adds less than a half-hour after I hit level 60. I remember that. I remember that the Fang of Venoxis from Zul'gurub was my first epic. And it takes me 15 minutes to find my car keys every morning. Anyway ...

Before The Burning Crusade I both 20-man instances and all 40-man instances up to Naxxramas, wherein I killed three bosses.

In The Burning Crusade, my guild was one of the first on the server to clear the Tier 4 content. I killed Magtheridon before ever setting foot in SSC or TK; and Vashj and Kael'thas before the Hyjal/Black Temple entrance requirements were lifted. I was part of a 10-man team that bagged 25 Zul'Aman war bears. I got to 4/5 in Hyjal and 5/9 in Black Temple before my guild packed it up.

I did not raid with any purpose in Wrath until the final months, but got back in time to bag the Lich King on regular mode with the buff at 10% and chip off a handful of hard-modes.

I have not yet raided in Cataclysm.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
My role in a raid setting is to shit up your screen with novella-length macros and jump in acid pools spamming Life Tap (jk)

It's hard to explain why a DPS-only role is important without regurgitating the obvious but, when played right, a warlock brings more than awkward fire snakes and miscellaneous forget-me-stones. We can just about take care of ourselves buff-wise, as well as others with various spells - and of course we smack bosses hard.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
There really is no "rotation" anymore, at least for warlocks. There's a priority list I weigh with cooldowns (just about every destruction spell has a cooldown/DoT time now), and my next spell comes from that. As for my talent points and glyphs, most of them are common sense for warlocks. The way talent trees are done now, there isn't much flexibility.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
You know what, I'm not even that great at WoW - but what I DO bring to the table is the focus and team-first mentality that brings bosses down. I'm not getting any younger and I don't have 25 hours a week to raid anymore, so when invites are coming I'm ready to bring it.

Saying stupid crap like "I use pots and I gem and stuff" is like writing "I shower" on your resume. Everything you would expect a raider to do, I do. I stay on top of my stat caps and put forth the (little) effort required to maximize my characters' performance. I recognize my strengths and tailor my game to them; I recognize my weaknesses and find ways to circumvent them.

I do it because I'm competitive. I do it because I only have six hours a week to get it done. Finally, I do it because I've been a raid leader - and I know how it feels when someone fucks off in your raid. I didn't tolerate it, nor would I expect someone to tolerate it from me.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
If accepted, by the time I zone in for my first raid I will have turned 30 years old. I handle the online and print marketing for a law firm in Roseville, Minn. I work as a freelance sportswriter on the side, and recently won two awards from the Minnesota Newspaper Association. I have a blog that I maintain semi-often.

I've been at high peaks, and I've been jobless on a friend's couch contemplating welfare. That range of experience helps me appreciate the diversity around me, and the perspective it granted makes me a difficult person to piss off. That said, you can expect no "WoW drama" from me. I'm past it.

Since we're already talking about drama, let's bring up my lovely fiancee. We have been together two years and we are getting married in September (9-10-11, go ahead and make jokes. It even starts at 12, fuck you). She actually likes that I play WoW - but only for the sense of reciprocation she gets yelling at the television during episodes of "Teen Mom." We all have our foibles.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h122/brouhahaataja/WoWScrnShot_011511_002925.jpg

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
All of my parses have expired.

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Never
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> 1x a Month
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> Never
Skunkytail

re: APPROVED - App: Mpls - by Baihu

I briefly explained to Kiira my situation concerning Thursdays. My fiancee are taking a pre-marriage class at our church and it runs every Thursday through Easter. Until then, I will not be able to raid Thursdays.

I didn't see a place to mention it specifically, but I am applying for a spot with the weekday team.
Astuur
Raid Leader

I'll have some questions up for you in a couple hours.
Astuur
Raid Leader

You said you haven't raided in Cataclysm yet, but have you read up on fights? if so, which ones?

Being a complete nub at warlocks, I cant really comment too much on your spec/glyphs, however, can you explain to me which spec you'd use for which fights? (from the ones you have read up on.)

Obviously you've been getting ready to raid, as you have your hit up to where it needs to be and you've min/maxed as much as you can right now. Your professions also look really solid.
Skunkytail

I skimmed over guides and watched videos on all of the fights as the crazy world-first guilds posted them. I'm confident in my knowledge of earlier fights, but I would get more up-to-speed on end bosses if accepted.

I would raid destruction and, if any fights required THAT much movement, switch my off-spec to affliction and use that. I haven't seen any yet, however.
Baihu

Thanks for answering our questions! We'd like to talk to you further in vent if you are available at some point? Would Monday 6 server work for you?

If not let us know! (Vent info was PM'd to you!)

That will work!

I have been having issues with my microphone as of late, though, so I'll log onto the alt I made at that time as well just in case and answer questions through tells if I need to, if that's okay.
Baihu

Sure not a problem, talk to you then!

Hi Joelle,

Can you please let us know what's going on with your transfer? We'd like to get you into a raid next Tuesday.

Thanks!
Skunkytail

My transfer finished up this morning - I even got in a good lap or two around Stormwind in my Battleguard Robes and bunny ear hat. I am putting in some extra time at the office tonight but I'm hoping to log on at some point.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum