Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rorin1

re: App: Rorin1

The application submitted by Rorin1 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Rorin
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Ysera
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Ret

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Main spec is holy, offspec is ret.

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
I have been in Element, squad of allied friends, reflex, and the reasons I left those guilds were the guilds disbanded a few days later, or I was inactive (I took a break for about a year). I am currently in the guild Dark Angels on my server, but I am on the verge of leaving. It's not that it is a bad guild, but it is not making progress, and I would really like to see more of Cata.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
In Cataclysm I have done Argaloth, as well as Magmaw, omnitron, and Maloriak.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
I am a healer in raids. My class is important because paladins have many buffs that the raid can benefit from, as well as the fact I have many quick heals (due to haste) as well as a slightly powerful AoE heal. My spec is important because I keep everyone healed and alive to do their jobs.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
My play style is more single healed focus I believe. I usually start with a few holy lights, with a holy shock thrown in when I can, and use word of glory. My talent points are all about focusing on healing, and I have chosen the talent points in all three trees that best allow me to do this (such as crusade and conviction). My choice of glyphs also reflect my healing, as increased word of glory heals are invaluable, and the seal of insight (the seal I use due to the ability to regain mana with judgement) glyph allows me to have even more healing while it is activated.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I believe I would be a good addition to Misguided because I am a healer, and another healer in any guild is invaluable. Also, I believe myself to be skilled, competent, and knowing how to play my class, and I believe, while these traits might not be needed, would I believe to be valuable.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
I am funny, and easy to get along with I believe. I can take a joke and give one right back, but I can also be very mature when the time calls for it.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/mix_Lord_warick/klajsdf.jpg

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
I don't have one I believe. I apologize.

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Don't Know
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Baihu

re: DECLINED - App: Rorin1 - by Baihu

Hey there,

A few things I noticed from your application. One, I don't see much if any use of key-bindings except for the number keys, and a very low resolution default UI that would (to me anyways!) make seeing fire and other fight elements very difficult, especially with raid frames up!

Also, I see you are gemming Crit, Spirit, and Mastery, even in prismatic sockets or mismatching sockets. Intellect is by far our strongest stat, and in most cases gemming for socket bonuses is only really worth it for intellect bonuses. Crit & mastery are lowest on stat priority for us. You have the general idea with reforging on your gear, but don't forget trinkets with secondary stats like spirit can also be reforged.

As for spec, Aura Mastery is a VERY powerful cooldown for raiding, 5 mans, soloing, etc, and definitely mandatory for this raid content. Blessed Life is much more situational for raiding than AM and those talent points could be used for Aura Mastery, Enlightened Judgements so you have more chance to hit (and therefore get more mana!) with judgement & ~100k free Beacon heals, or to extend the range on Judgement.

Unfortunately, from the lack of theory-crafting and class research I see from your application I'm going to have to decline for now.

Thank you for taking the time to apply, and best of luck in your WoW endeavors!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum