Race : Draenei
Class : Shaman
Spec 1 : Elemental
Spec 2 : Elemental

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
I'm a frequent player but a casual raider, so I need to be on an alt team or something of the like. I burn out on raid pretty easily if I'm doing the same run over and over.

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
The Yakuza. I left because the team I was on had 3 weeks since my join date to get geared up and they were still under geared when the due date rolled around. In addition to that, there were more raiders than slots available and if I can't raid, there's no point in me being in a guild.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
I'm a bad bragger, so I don't really know what to say here. This toon hit 80 in April of last year, (it was a BC twink before that) I didn't start raiding on her until the end of May, got geared up enough to get KS in July (in a straight pug no less.) Before that I was raiding on my hunter, doing ToC, VoA, OL, and OS weekly in both 10 and 25 man groups every week with my old guild on Zangarmarsh called Head Hunters (it was in the top 3 on the server but the family that ran it had a bit of a blowout and the guild disbanded.) I was fine with the disband, I wanted to stop raiding anyway and did so for 6 months or more. Before that I had no raiding experience - I didn't start playing WoW til April, 2009. As far as Cata raiding goes, I did one boss in BoT and I only got to do 4 or 5 pulls. The group had been at it for a while (trash respawned after my first wipe with them) but we got him down soon after. That's the parse I linked.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
My role is pretty straight forward, I drop totems giving buffs, resistances and/or summoning pets. I dps the target, I watch my threat, I stay out of fire, I hug walls when they need to be hugged, I stack when I need to stack, I even drop a Healing Rain or two when needed, assuming I can afford the mana, etc. In the end, I've hopefully survived the fight long enough to do substantial damage and bring down the target.

As far as why my class/spec is important... well it isn't so much anymore, is it? There is now so much overlap with buffs that having a shaman in a raid isn't nearly as essential as it once was. Having said that, a good ele shaman can be in ilvl 349 and deliver 20k dps or more, and that's not bad to have around (<--- tried to brag.... did it work?)

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
I'm oddly about survival. I will gladly take a dps loss if it means the group will survive longer, meaning that I throw out heals (mostly a healing rain here and there) to keep the group going. this isn't always necessary, of course, but with the new content and players not having endless mana anymore, it is helpful to the healers. I also will take a dps loss in fight that are new to me to ensure that I stay alive long enough to be effective, meaning if I'm not sure I should be near that circle on the ground, I'll move and resume casting.

My rotation is different from what I've read on EJ. If you look at my screenshot, you'll see how it's basically mapped out, 1-8, 1 being an assist macro and 4 being a macro for unleash elements and my trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=52353. EJ wisdom states that unleashed should be used with flame shock, but I find my dps is higher when I use it with lava burst.

My talents are also straight forward. I utilize the earth shock/lightning shield/ improved shields combination, as well as ancestral swiftness, so that I can get out of fire that much faster. I've got reverberation and glyph of hex as well for max cc/interrupt (reverb also helps with my shock spells, of course.) Otherwise, my glyphs are pretty standard. The only debatable glyph I use is the glyph of flame shock and I use it to make sure it's still on my target when I hit lava burst after I use earth shock.

My off spec changes from ele pvp to resto, depending on what I need, but I do not heal raids. I really don't like raid healing so if that's what you're looking for, I'm sorry but I can't help you. I only heal for shorter queues.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I'm a simple player. I don't want drama (I avoid it at all possible costs) I come, on time/15 minutes early, prepared with flasks and food, etc. I'm a jc/chanter, so my gear is always gemed and enchanted. I learn fights quickly, I don't talk down to other players if they mess up (I expect the same treatment, of course) and I know my class/spec, so in terms of my dps, I deliver (I'm not the best ele out there, but I'm pretty good.) Long story short, I show up, I do my job well and I don't bicker about gear or who wiped us.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
My name is Nell and I'm a freelancer, which is why I'm on a lot. Sometimes I work and WoW at the same time, other times, I won't have any work on or, because it's feast or famine in freelance, I will have tons of work on and will be nowhere to be seen for a little while. As I mentioned before, I get burnt out on raiding, so I would, eventually, ask for a week off here and there, just to clear the palette.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mywowmails/Vyvyan#5560977099324981298

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/17893174#damageout

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 1x a Month
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> 1x a Month
Astuur
Raid Leader

re: DECLINED - App: icemuff - by Astuur

Thanks for your application, I'll review it later tonight after our raid and I have a little more time on my hands.
Astuur
Raid Leader

Alright, we'll start with the easy stuff, you are looking to be a back-up raider I assume? and preferably the weekday from what I can see from your availability?

Your spec looks fine, you have the correct prime glyphs, can you tell me a little bit about your choices on the major glyphs?

How comfortable are you at healing? (not saying a full-time healer, just asking in case of back ups)

Do you have any raid frames or something to help you heal?
Astuur
Raid Leader

Declined due to inactivity. Best of luck to you in future endeavors.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum