Race : Dwarf
Class : Priest
Spec 1 : Holy
Spec 2 : Discipline

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
I'm usually holy, but can be disc/shadow if needed.

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Currently in Twisted Soul, leaving because there is no raid progression (especially on the weekend).

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
I've raided in every expansion (10, 25, and 40 mans), but I'll just elaborate on Cata. I've completed BH-10 multiple times. I've wiped on the Omnitron Defense System in BWD many many times to the point where I know the fight very well.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
I've built my character to be great at multi-target burst healing. This is vital for when many members of the raid are taking large amounts of damage. I believe my class-spec-gear combo is best-in-game when it comes to this role. I use GuildOx's loot ranking system in combination with theorycrafting done on http://elitistjerks.com/ to come up with the best possible gear/reforging/gems/enchants for my role.

My class also has (what I would say) is the best healing spell in the game -- Lightwell. As long as people use it.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
Generally, there are two modes which I'm ever in (Upkeep & Burst). Upkeep mode is when there is not a lot of raid damage being taken.

In Upkeep mode, my goal is to minimize the amount of mana I use, so I'll keep renews on the tanks, and I'll keep throwing Chakra Heals on the tanks to keep the renews up. I'll Holy Word: Serenity when it is up on the lowest-health raid member. I'll generally also keep Prayer of Mending (POM) on cooldown as well (using it on a tank).

In Burst mode, my goal is to quickly restore the raid. For this, I'll chakra POM or Prayer of Healing (POH) and then continually spam POH until the raid is out of the danger zone. (All the while keeping Circle of Healing on cooldown). I'll use Divine Hymn in desperate situations as well.

As far as talents, I agree with the analysis on ElitistJerks -- http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfhMrRkrkcdoh:oVZ0

I think surge of light is not very good because most of the time that I'm spamming Heal, things are going well/easy and I don't really need a flash heal. When I need a flash heal I'm not casting Heal -- hence this talent is not very good.

Spirit of Redemption is debatable, I think it is great for progression, it can really make the difference in a fight -- I sac myself and get a huge burst of heals off.

I think the rest of the talents are pretty standard, so I'll go into glyphs.

PRIME:
Renew - no-brainer
Prayer of Healing - for my playstyle this is awesome
Lightwell - might as well make the best healing vehicle that much better

MAJOR:
Circle of Healing - no-brainer
The rest are situational, I usally keep Mass Dispel and Fade glyphed.

Minor:
shadowfiend, levitate, fading (to me these are the only 3 that make sense -- maximize mana and levitate is just annoying not to have)

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I know how to sit back, shut up, and follow orders. Which is mostly what I'll be doing for a long time as I learn all of the progression material that everyone else already knows. I watch the videos, I know the fights as well as I can for never having done them before. I come to raids with elixirs, flasks, food, potions, the whole shabang. Eventually, once I'm up to speed with everyone else, I usually like to come up with my own strategies for fights.

I get along with people, I don't ever get into arguments unless it's something small like debating over which stat weights are the best for a certain spec. I help guildies as much as I can, a couple days ago, I crafted some epic legs and gave them to a guild-mate. Helping others also helps me. We progress as a team.

If you would like to, tell us a little about yourself so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
I'm 21 years old and the co-founder and CTO of a software company in California. I'm very busy with work most of the time, which is why I've been looking for a weekend raiding guild. I'm pretty good with computers/coding so I can be of use creating programs/addons to help us out.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://bit.ly/fS4I6K

Please link a WoL parse for us to review, if you do not have one, your application may take a little longer.:
N/A

This application does not email you with responses to your application, if you understand this, and still wish to apply, then please click the "Yes" option. :
Yes

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Never
Tuesday -> Never
Wednesday -> Never
Thursday -> Never
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> Always
Baihu

re: APPROVED - App: satnam_holypriest - by Baihu

Hey there, thank you for your application!

Looking over your gear you've obviously been putting in some effort getting crafted & rep gear and enchanting/gemming properly. Your professions are also both maxed & beneficial which is also nice to see. I assume you are working on getting the reputation neck from WH?

It's good to hear you've researched and read up on the current content. Holy is definitely required right now for heroic and some normal mode encounters where burst HPS on the raid is needed to heal up in a limited amount of time.

That said, at the moment in order to trial you we would need to rotate you in to evaluate your skill. If you are alright with working to prove your talent (or lack thereof!) and to earn a spot, we'd like to talk to you in Vent. Let us know! =)

re: RE: Baihu

Hey Baihu,

You got it! I just put on my WH tabard yesterday to work towards the necklace on my daily heroic runs. Here is a list of the pre-raid items that would improve my gear.

head: Buy Je'Tze's Sparkling Tiara
neck: Dragonmaw Clan exalted
shoulder: Meadow Mantle (JP)
back: Buy Ritssyn's Ruminous Drape or get Haunt of Flies from (VP)
chest: VP 2200
wrist: BEST
gloves: Buy Grips of the Failed Immortal or exalted earthen ring
belt: BEST
legs: BEST
feet: Slippers of Moving Waters (VP)
rings: VP & VP
Trinket: Soul Casket (VP) & ?
wep: Buy Chelley's Staff of Dark Mending

I would love a chance to prove my skill, let me know which vent server and what time(s) would be good.

Thanks for reviewing my application so promptly.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Baihu

Farming heroics for JP, gear and rep plus crafting what's practical is really what we expect from people. Buying epic BoE's is a little much to expect from trials as a standard!

Can you get on vent tonight 5PST?

If not let me know a better time for you (vent info PM'd to you). Thanks!

Sounds good, I'll be in vent at 5!

satnam_holypriest

Actually, I just realized there is a meeting tonight at 4 which might go for a while. Tomorrow or some other day this week would be better.

Baihu

That's fine, does Monday 5PST work for you then?

Yes, Monday @ 5 PST will work.

Baihu

We'd like to have you join as a trial, if you're still up for transferring just let us know when you've moved over!

Wonderful! I'll let you know once I'm transferred over.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum