Race : Human
Class : Warrior
Spec 1 : Protect
Spec 2 : Protect

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
Currently double prot spec. One of the two might be my pvp self heal spec (i change back and forth)

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Dragon Gate Inn on Perenolde. Guild fell apart right before I was deployed to Kuwait.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Cata raiding, but add pre-Cata experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
Just coming back from a deployment so not a lot of Cata raiding. Before I left last year I was 7/12 in HICC 25 and 11/12 in HICC 10 on my prot Pally. My warrior also has extensive heroic ICC experience.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
I'm the tank. The focal point of the boss, the guy who the can make or break an entire raid. Half the battle is won before you step into a raid you must know how to stat stack, how to gem, how to maximize your talents, and what glyphs to use. The best tank in the world will still get rolled on if he's lacking in these areas.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
Rotation is pretty basic and is based on a priority system. Debuffs (Tclap/Demo)>SS>Revenge>Dev. I try to keep shield block on CD and time it with SS coming off CD or a Sw&B proc.

I run with a fairly basic tanking spec. I do swap spec's often due to differing situations. Blood and Thunder for more AOE centered fights, gag order for caster fights, and I make sure to have vig for any fight I'll be tank swapping... or when a second player is taking extensive damage (which is often).

I have the basic three prot primary glyphs (who doesn't?). Major glphs I like the extra Tclap range and cleave glyph as majors.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
I consider myself an extremely good tank. I've tanked extensively on a pally and warrior and I've even tanked some as a DK/Druid. I tirelessy study my classes and have a tanking UI that maximizes my tanking skills. I have good communication during raids (can talk on vent without it affecting my raid awareness), and I can even mark targets on the fly (a lot of tanks don't do this).

And finally, tell us a little about yourself, so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
As I've mentioned before I just came home from a deployment (8+months). I'm in the Navy reserve and I'm going to college for a Sociology degree. I enjoy slow walks on the beach as well.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/zttvista/WoWScrnShot_010111_223508-2.jpg

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Astuur
Raid Leader

re: APPROVED - App: Mawgua - by Astuur

Both your specs do not have vigilance, can you explain the reasoning behind that?

Are both your specs PvP? one for PvE? Why did you choose the specs you have, and your talent points. like Incite and impending victory?

How do you gem right now?

Parry vs Dodge vs Mastery, explain in which order you value them and why?

What made you transfer to lightbringer?

Any plans to max leatherworking for the extra stamina benefit?
Mawgua

I love vigelence for raiding and I do run vig on one of my two specs normally. The spec I had vig on I decided to swap to my big self healing spec for messing around in BG's (which is something I've loved to do since I started playing). It's a 'for fun' spec at the moment.

Incite is a pretty solid threat talent. Herioc strike is normally right below SS for me in total damage done and this talent increases it's output by quite a bit. I suppose it's really a matter of what you need for a particular fight. I'm not sure how many fights there are that you would use 2/2 in gag order and blood and thunder. If you have those 2 points free then incite is a great way to go.

Impending victory sucks (for the most part) but in PVP it procs off of killing totems so I like it for that, which is why it's in my pvp spec at the moment (don't tell blizz it procs because I'm afraid they'll nerf it ).

Parry is better than dodge until the DR's start kicking in around 13.5% for parry. The reason parry holds an edge until then is due to 'hold the line' which increases your critical block by 10% for every parry.

Mastery stacking seems to be the way to go from what I've been seeing. You get more % block from 1 mastery then you do from either % dodge from 1 dodge or % parry from 1 parry. Although blocking may seem inferior to parry/dodging an attack it provides tremendous mitigation and is a little more predictable.

I went on a deployment for 8 months and when I came back my spot had (rightfully so) been filled in my previous guild. Perenolde is unfortunately a very poor raiding server and your options for high end raiding is extremely limited (only 5 guilds have progressed past 2/12 for alliance.. vs 20 for lightbringer). Lightbringer has a lot of quality players and a lot of quality guilds, is in my timezone, and gives me a better ping (sitting at around 70-80ms atm). All around I just felt this was a better fit. I left on good terms in my old guild and the leader Mekit I'm sure would vouch for me (or my pally tank Helicon).

I figured you would mention my leather working and for good reason. I stupidly do not have a skinner so I've ben putting it off until prices go down a tad. However if maxing it is a go/no-go for a tryout I'll do it now.

Thanks for the consideration.
Baihu

Hi there, while we wait for Astuur to go over your response I just wanted to know what kind of research, if any, you've done for this tier of content? Since we're more than halfway through the normal content there are a lot of fight mechanics applicants will have to understand, especially in a tanking role.

Managing cooldowns properly, taunting quickly off of the other tank, being a team player and working well with the other tank are all very important in this content, heroics even more-so!

Do you feel you have the time to research at least the fights we have downed, and do you feel that you would fit into our guild as a team player and not a sufferer of chronic 'main tank syndrome'? ;)

Baihu wrote:
Hi there, while we wait for Astuur to go over your response I just wanted to know what kind of research, if any, you've done for this tier of content? Since we're more than halfway through the normal content there are a lot of fight mechanics applicants will have to understand, especially in a tanking role.

Managing cooldowns properly, taunting quickly off of the other tank, being a team player and working well with the other tank are all very important in this content, heroics even more-so!

Do you feel you have the time to research at least the fights we have downed, and do you feel that you would fit into our guild as a team player and not a sufferer of chronic 'main tank syndrome'? ;)

Yeah absolutely. I always try to make sure to read a rundown of fight mechanics and watch at least a couple videos of fights.

And yeah I think I know what you mean about maintank sydrome. "I'm so good I can learn everything on the fly"... I'll admit I've gone into some 5 mans with that mindset but raiding is a completely different story. When I led a 10 man in ICC I told everyone to read up on the fights for progression content and I expected no less from myself.

I'll be ready to go when the time comes.
Baihu

Yes, exactly. Good to know!

And obviously some things in the fights are hard to get a handle on until you see them for yourself so we don't have unrealistic expectations, and we'd help with any questions remaining after reading strats & watching videos.

Thanks for your response and we'll be getting back to you by tonight!

Over 2 hours working on it.. and more than 7000G my LW is now 500 and I have the uber bracer enchant.

:P
Baihu

We'd like to talk to you on vent to move this application forward, would you be able to log on 5PST on Wednesday?

If not let us know what time would work for you!
(Vent info was PM'd to you)

Baihu wrote:
We'd like to talk to you on vent to move this application forward, would you be able to log on 5PST on Wednesday?

If not let us know what time would work for you!
(Vent info was PM'd to you)

That works just fine.
Baihu

Sounds good see you then!

I ran into some real life issues and won't be able to play as much. I appologize.. I do appretiate the consideration.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum