Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Misguided Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pilfer

re: App: Pilfer

The application submitted by Pilfer is as follows:

Quote:
Name : spîre
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Lightbringer
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Human
Class : Mage

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Please elaborate on your spec(s) if needed.:
9/0/32 frost(pvp) 5/33/3 fire

Were you in any prior guilds? If so, please tell us which guilds and why you left them.:
Dark Legacy. Nice people, we parted amicably. Guild lacked the focus I was looking for in an 'endgame' raiding guild. Great raid schedule. Attendance was lacking. They quit raiding months (2-3) before Cata. Right after I joined. I was there for their first downing of regular LK. They had no desire to push for more, I did. Strips for Silver. Guild consists primarily of a core of 10-12 people that enjoy raiding together. This is great, for them. Not being part of the main or 'core', you end up being left out of a lot of things. Guild is stated as a 25m progressive guild. First accomplishments were 10m, the core group. There was no tally, no accounting and no discussion of what classes we had or needed to start raiding. The core simply moved forward independent of everyone else in the guild. So did I. I joined their guild to raid. I wasn't raiding. Time to move on.

Tell us about your raid experience. Focus on Wrath raiding, but add pre-Wrath experience where you think it might illustrate your abilities.:
Vanilla: MC through AQ40
BC: everything through Sunwell 3rd boss.
Wrath: Naxx, skipped Ulduar, through ICC 25 11/12 heroic
Cata: nothing so far.

Please describe your role in a raid setting. Why is your class/spec important?:
Really? I'm a mage, we do damage. From a distance. My spec is whatever I need to spec to opitmize the dps output for myself and / or the raid. If that requires me to respec, so be it. Not sure what you're looking for here. Feel free to quiz me.

Tell us a little bit about your play style. Rotation, talent point explanation, choice of glyphs, etc.:
Exhaustive resources available on elitistjerks.com. I typically check there every other day or so for updates. Their mage forums are cutting edge.

Why do you think you would be a good addition to Misguided?:
From what I've discussed with your members and the bit of research I've done, it seems like we have similar goals.

And finally, tell us a little about yourself, so we may get a better idea of the person behind the character.:
I'm a 30+ professional male. Consultant. Business owner. I enjoy long walks on the beach, jazz music and filling out silly applications. I'm apping for a guild, not a love connection.

Please link to a screen shot of your UI & keybindings.:
http://img836.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot121910182659.jpg/

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Baihu

re: DECLINED - App: Pilfer - by Baihu

Thank you for applying, I'm not sure what members you've spoken too but from your application I have a concern we wouldn't be compatible. Our guild was built with the goals of community, teamwork and progression, the latter not coming from people who don't contribute and don't have the right attitudes.

The reason for us asking what your role is in a raid is to find out what people know about the utility of their class in any given situation, including buffs, CC, CDs, etc. Anyone can press buttons but we want to make sure people understand why we would bring them to the group and what they are expected to do.

Same thing goes for the question about your rotation, we want to know what you prioritize for your spec and any nuances on any given fight or situation. Were we expected to go to Elitist Jerks to read what your rotation is supposed to be?

All in all from your answers to this application I have the feeling you'd be more of a nuisance than a benefit; we like to avoid people with your brand of attitude. Best of luck to you!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum